BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm down to two new Z4si's at two different dealers with almost identical MSRPs. I haven't had an opportunity to negotiate with Dealer #1 yet--that will happen later today. Dealer #2 has a sapphire black/saddle brown '08 with xenon, heated, premium, sport & sport seats. Dealer #1 has white/saddle with xenon, heated, premium & navi.

Dealer #2 has an almost-acceptable bottom line price; I'm waiting to hear back on lease factors. They're closer to my house and offer service pickup/dropoff plus loaner.

Dealer #1 is further away but do-able, and I can get a service loaner. I haven't negotiated with them yet, that is to come.

For the ~$1.6K the sport pkg & sport seats cost, what am I getting for my money? I don't think I care about them one way or another, given that I'm going to be using this car 90% as a DD on city streets and freeways, but many of the cars on the lots have that package, so there must be some value. Anyone want to explain what I am getting other than different tires and a very slightly lower suspension? I read the explanation about what I think means a more sensitive accelerator and auto tranny shifting at higher rpms. Anything else that I'm missing?

·
Registered
147 Posts
..just picked up my 08 3.0si on Tues. It has sport/ paddles, etc. The car is definitely hotter in sport mode, and from what I've heard from others is the sport seats are far better than std. Check it out yourself before buying, esp if you have a long commute. The dealer I used said the nav is bad..... I've also read that it's not very user friendly.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, too late, I pulled the trigger on the '08 si with navi rather than sport. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't stand waiting any longer, and I knew I'd use navi but wasn't sure about sport--and the sport dealership was a lot harder to deal with than the other one. I had to drag a price out of them, and then they ignored requests for lease factors. At the navi dealer I took a test drive with the CA, let him know I was interested for the right price--he made me an offer, I made him one back, he brought in the sales manager and from the time I walked in the door until we closed the deal it was 30 minutes!

I appreciate the info on sport pkg--perhaps for my next Z4! This is a 2 yr lease so I get to do this all over again in 2010!

I agree with you about the nav not being wonderful. I did want a nav, and I have one now in my '03 Accord--I think one of the original ones--and this one definitely isn't user friendly, but I can deal with it. If I hadn't gotten a car with one, I'd have bought a Garmin. It's tolerable, anyway.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Wynnewood. Did you buy your Z4 from Thompson, and would it happen to be white with saddle brown interior and beige top? if so, you bought it out from under me--I was thinking about going up there to look at it, but found this one first.

What goodies do you have on yours?

·
Registered
119 Posts
erdoran - congrats on the new purchase. I know you have been working on putting a deal together for quite some time. Please tell me you're picking it up on Friday, May 9. That's when I'm taking PCD delivery on mine, and I know we were originally trying to coordinate a PCD on the same day. Maybe we can still take delivery together, albeit several hundred miles apart. Ah well.... you'll probably be driving yours around before I get mine. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, Fahrvergnugen, but I'm taking delivery Monday 5/5--but close enough! I would have much preferred PCD but it took me too long to get things together, and with the trunk money expiring I wasn't going to risk the $3K on the si--and no dealer would guarantee that to me after 5/5. I could have rolled the dice because I know all of us expect the incentives to increase, but I couldn't stand waiting any longer!

Less than a week for you, and Mother's Day weekend that you really wanted--I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip and your new baby!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm in Wynnewood. Did you buy your Z4 from Thompson, and would it happen to be white with saddle brown interior and beige top? if so, you bought it out from under me--I was thinking about going up there to look at it, but found this one first.

What goodies do you have on yours?
No conflict - I purchased in Naples, FL and arranged delivery at Princeton BMW. I got the premium package, sport, paddles, xenons, dark green metallic, beige top, beige leather. The FL dealer arranged for the car to be built and shipped to NJ from the factory, but someone screwed up and delivered the car to FL. It was prepped in FL, then trucked to NJ.
Clear Choice Detailing [[email protected]] is installing a 3M clear bra in my garage as we speak - I have a 3 yr lease, but don't want to deal with paint damage from FL lovebugs and stone dings when the car's turned in. He's from somewhere near you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts