BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused about the optional Sport Package. Was it an option on both the e36 i and is? Somebody told me (a dealer) that the is came standard with the Sport Package but I'm not sure I believe him.

Can you clear up the confusion for me?

Thanks,
Joe

·
10,856 Posts
on the E36, the ONLY difference between the i and the is is the number of doors, aerodynamics, and chassis stiffness.

Sedan is stiffer, coupe has slightly better aero.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but...

My question is about the optional Sport Package. Was it available for the is like it was on the regular i?

·
Registered
65 Posts
packaging

The sport package is available for both 2dr coupe and sedan. My '98 328I doesn't have this, no huge difference though. You get 16" wheels instead of the 15" sport seats and then the suspension is slightly different. I bought mine used. Now I threw on the 17" m contours, bilstein sport shocks, and bavarian autosport performance lowering springs. Replaced the bushings while I was at it, and did the trany kit/ differential fluid change. Now it has a true sport package.

·
10,856 Posts
Joe88e30is said:
My question is about the optional Sport Package. Was it available for the is like it was on the regular i?
And again, I'd refer you back to my prior statement. The only difference...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Best way to tell is to check your build-sheet.

Option code for Sport package is 335 OR 336 OR 337 OR 338
(depending on what sort of sport package and what car)

You can find a build-sheet from a dealer or under your rear seat (yes, lift the seat up and find a piece of paper full of numbers on it.)

My understanding is, i = 4 doors, is = 2 doors.
It doesn't relates to whether it has sport package or not.

·
Registered
346 Posts
SmootheEar said:
Someone stole my build sheet.... all I see are pennies and used condoms....
In that case go to a dealer or maybe e-mail BMW NA and see if they will find that for you. It will only take them few minutes.

·
BMW ***** NOT in Maralynd
134 Posts
haha, I was just kidding, except for the part about the papers being lost, and the pennies...

The papers probably got thrown out during a detailing session. Thanks for the help!

·
BMW ***** NOT in Maralynd
134 Posts
Is that a safe question to ask? anyone?

I'm just being cautious, I dont know how important the last 7 of my VIN is anyways.

·
Registered
346 Posts
With that last 7 digit, people can look up when your car is made, which model, how many doors, auto or manual that kind of stuff. But I am not sure whether it's enough to trace any personal information though.

I would not open my last 7-digit that's for sure. PM it to someone "trustable" is another thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts