BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a 13-hour Z4 club drive yesterday and was in a 2007 M coupe for the majority of it. I had a blast but the suspension was just too rough for my liking and needs and the bolstered M seats weren't very comfortable for my larger frame. I got to drive a 3.0i roadster with the standard suspension and regular power seats and it was much more preferable.

What is the actual difference in performance and ride comfort between a 2006-2008 3.0si with the "sport package" suspension and the same year's "M" suspension? Are they set up the same or is the M stiffer still?

I know a test-drive will answer my questions and I'm working on that.

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any idea what tires were on the M? M's didn't come with run flats, but they may have been added. The M is technically a tad stiffer, since they were shipped with standard tires and the sport suspension a tad softer and shipped with run flats.

I absolutely love my M sport seats and sport suspension, but as you have discovered, the seats don't fit larger frames and too many other factors involved to make a blanket statement on what "stiff" is.

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
I went on a 13-hour Z4 club drive yesterday and was in a 2007 M coupe for the majority of it. I had a blast but the suspension was just too rough for my liking and needs and the bolstered M seats weren't very comfortable for my larger frame. I got to drive a 3.0i roadster with the standard suspension and regular power seats and it was much more preferable.

What is the actual difference in performance and ride comfort between a 2006-2008 3.0si with the "sport package" suspension and the same year's "M" suspension? Are they set up the same or is the M stiffer still?

I know a test-drive will answer my questions and I'm working on that.

Thanks
The M suspension is stiffer than the Sport suspension on the 3.0si.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea what tires were on the M? M's didn't come with run flats, but they may have been added. The M is technically a tad stiffer, since they were shipped with standard tires and the sport suspension a tad softer and shipped with run flats...
Neither car had run-flats, but I'm not sure what brand/model they had.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Much obliged for the kind words my friend. Coming from someone with your background, that is high praise! I'm just happy to have handed you the keys back with the car in the same condition (maybe with a few less gallons of petrol).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.