BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get sport seats without the sport package?

·
Fountainhead
722 Posts
I've read that it is possible. Although it may not be a lot cheaper than getting the sport package. What is it about the Sport Package that you don't want?

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Seeing as how the Sport package is purely cosmetic, there's no downside to getting the Sport Activity Packet. Who doesn't like a chunky steering wheel and sport seats?

In Europe and other countries, its possible to get stand alone sport seats. Not for North America.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Later however you might find someone who hates their sport seats and would be happy to swap those for your seats (in the right color of course). I for one do not like the sport seats and find them very uncomfortable -- although I haven't tried the "new" sport seats yet.:rofl:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got the sport seats as part of the sports activity package. Only way to get them in the USA. I love the seats but a friend of mine tried them the other day and I could see they were way too confining for him. He's rather large and quite frankly too big for the seats.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read that it is possible. Although it may not be a lot cheaper than getting the sport package. What is it about the Sport Package that you don't want?
The price. :rofl:

If I were able to just get the seats I would, but really have no need for the other stuff and don't want to pay for a package when there is only one item I really want in it.

I test drove an X3 with the sports seat, and found them comfortable. I haven't tried the standard seats yet.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Sport seats are a must have, unless the driver is too big to fit in there.

The thick steering wheel is also a must have.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't love the sport seats? I stopped by a dealership to see if I could sit in one and they directed me to a 3-series and said these would be the same exact seats found in the X3.. First off - is that 100% accurate? Either way, i thought the butt area was softer than the standard seats but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the 2 vertical sport rails on the back. I felt like I was leaning against them rather than have them as merely stability posts during cornering, etc.... I actually want the sport package for the X-line and upgraded wheels, but not willing to give up comfort.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I don't order SP for my 330 (didn't liked during test drive) and now regret.:eek:
Test drive X3 with Sport Seats and really liked. If I ordered today - they will be in my X.

·
Fountainhead
722 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't love the sport seats? I stopped by a dealership to see if I could sit in one and they directed me to a 3-series and said these would be the same exact seats found in the X3.. First off - is that 100% accurate? Either way, i thought the butt area was softer than the standard seats but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the 2 vertical sport rails on the back. I felt like I was leaning against them rather than have them as merely stability posts during cornering, etc.... I actually want the sport package for the X-line and upgraded wheels, but not willing to give up comfort.
The bolsters are adjustable.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
The bolsters are adjustable.
Previous test driver probably inflated the side bolsters fully. Add a winter coat, I can see how some folks might dislike them.

They aren't exactly the same as the 3er or 1er seats. Possibly a bit bigger, although my tester had standard seats that were rubbish with no support at all.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
harplayr..............Love your Greyhound Pic....We have two adopted girls
Thanks,
I have 2 11-year old littermates and just adopted a 4-year old (all males).
I do a lot of volunteer work for our local rescue group.
They are fantastic dogs! I'm always happy to hear from another Greyhound owner.

The reason why I'm an X3er and don't have a 3 series wagon is that they need the height.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is great............I have a 2010 X5 35D.....The tail gate is a little to high for the girls to jump in.....SOOOooooo...I am trading it in for the X3 with the "M" pkg.....Anything for the dogs... People think we're nuts..but we love them.
BTW...I am 1 year into a 3 year lease and have about 5k equity toward the new X3...Not including the discount on the X3. So I am not totally crazy.

·
Registered
2021 X5M
1,729 Posts
Jasonskitchen,

I believe that that the sport seats with premium package are the same as the 3 series, at least coupe and cabrio. I test drove Xdrive 335i with SAP and ZPP and the seats were the same control (lumbar/side bolsters) and comfort as my Sept 2010 build 2011 335is convertible. I truly enjoy the seats, as the E83 sport/premium seats were uncomfortable over a long, extended drive. The X seats are made by the Leer corporation in upstate SC.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok, finally sat in the X3 sport seats... they aren't as bad as I thought and definitely do have more support than the standard seats... I should also say i sort of threw my back out last week so I'm working on correcting posture, thinking...this would be a good start to that! And plus the wheels are nicer than the standard 17's in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts