·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The only other thing I can suggest is going to the gym and working on the lower back and stomach muscle machines.
I never thought I'd have to start a weight training program to drive an F30 or 32...........

Guess the reason they're called "sports" cars is that you have to be a good sport to drive one. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a '13 F25 with regular seats and traded it on a '16 F25 with sport seats. The sport seats are noticeably more uncomfortable. The bolstering on the sides of the seat bottom cause numbness in my left leg when driving for more than an hour or so. If I can straighten my leg out to get it away from the side, it's not so bad, but at 6'3", that presents it's own challenges. It took several months of tweaking to get it where I can stand it for more than an hour. The sport seats in my '11 E92 were definitely better. If it wasn't so hard to find good condition second-hand seats in Ivory Dakota, I'd probably swap them out

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If I can straighten my leg out to get it away from the side, it's not so bad
I found the same problem in the F22. It was too cramped to straighten my leg out, and it became uncomfortable after about an hour. And I'm about average at 5' 11" and 155 lbs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's been some time and I was looking back at this post. I still haven't found a newer 3 or 4 series with seats that feel comfortable. The strange thing is that when I drive an older (i.e. 2008) Porsche 911, the seat feels great. I just don't understand it.
The first person that replied to my post thought that I must have had a bad back initially and it was simply aggravated by the 228 seats. That seems to be typical from someone who has no problem with BMW seats.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
It's been some time and I was looking back at this post. I still haven't found a newer 3 or 4 series with seats that feel comfortable. The strange thing is that when I drive an older (i.e. 2008) Porsche 911, the seat feels great. I just don't understand it.
The first person that replied to my post thought that I must have had a bad back initially and it was simply aggravated by the 228 seats. That seems to be typical from someone who has no problem with BMW seats.
The bigger and more expensive the BMW, the better the eats. A friend's M240i's seats... eeeh.
My old M3's optional seat... oh, yeah! The Multi-Contour seats (that with the Merino leather cost more than my first new car) in my 5 Series... .ooh-la-la!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The bigger and more expensive the BMW, the better the eats. A friend's M240i's seats... eeeh.
My old M3's optional seat... oh, yeah! The Multi-Contour seats (that with the Merino leather cost more than my first new car) in my 5 Series... .ooh-la-la!
I agree with you 100%, Putz. The 5-er is just too darn big. But the seats are verrrry nice, particularly in the soft merino leather..:thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Almost everyone that I talk with says that the seats in the 2, 3, and 4 series are not very comfortable and you need to move to a 5 series to get comfort. Why the heck is that? My E30 was small and comfortable. The 911 is small and very comfortable. I just can't figure it out! :dunno:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts