Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used 3 series and not sure if the Sport seats are the best option? For one thing, all the BMW seats seem to sit low (No high position adjustment). The Premium package seat feels comfortable but lacking any support (Might be more comfortable). Any suggestions on seats? Does the luxury line offer a more comfortable seat? Does anyone have any issues with the sport seats on long drives, especially underside bolstering? I recently sat in a new A5 and it seemed to be pure comfort on the Audi end. I do have the sport seats in my VW Golf Sport Wagon (SEL) and they are comfortable but not as stiff as BMW.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Best thing to do is sit in both seats and decide. We sat in sport and standard seats and decided the sport seats were too confining. We found the standard seats provide plenty of support and are comfortable for long distances.

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
What do you mean no high position adjustment? In the US all 3 series have power seats with height adjustment. Even manual seats have manual height adjustment.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As for me, I could not buy another BMW (or other car, for that matter), without the sport seats. I had them in my German-made Passat Wagon and when I bought our 430i Xdrive, I had to have the sport seats as I was so used to the thigh and upper body bolster supports.

Love the sport seats on our F33. Can drive forever with them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Best thing to do is sit in both seats and decide. We sat in sport and standard seats and decided the sport seats were too confining. We found the standard seats provide plenty of support and are comfortable for long distances.
+1

The luxury line seats are much more comfortable for longer rides than the 3 or 4 series sport sedan/coupe.

gkski wrote: "Love the sport seats on our F33. Can drive forever with them."

+1

The 4 series vert sport seats are very comfortable and are a totally different design than the coupe sport seats. Definitely the best seats other than M series seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts