Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had a 2013 X3 for a few years and we loved it. For the past few years she has had a Audi Q5 and has been very happy with the car but it is time for a new car. We looked at the new 2019 X3 and really liked it except it has Sport Seats. For her it is fine but for me it was extremely uncomfortable. As far as i can tell you cannot get a new X3 without sport seats. Anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
897 Posts
My wife had a 2013 X3 for a few years and we loved it. For the past few years she has had a Audi Q5 and has been very happy with the car but it is time for a new car. We looked at the new 2019 X3 and really liked it except it has Sport Seats. For her it is fine but for me it was extremely uncomfortable. As far as i can tell you cannot get a new X3 without sport seats. Anyone have any info on this?
If you get ventilated seats, they are non-sport seats.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I did some reading about this. It says they are still kind of sport seats but you cannot adjust the bolsters. Do you have the ventilated seats?
I have the ventilated seats and the side bolstering isn't as aggressive as on the sport seats. I too was a little confused on BMW's description of sport seats. We saw a X3 in stock that happened to have the ventilated seats which we liked. You really need to try the different type of seats to see which you prefer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I find them uncomfortable, especially on long distances. Very effective during spirited driving though.

However, the sports/ventilated seats on a new Audi Q5 are exponentially worse in terms of comfort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts