BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small nitpick but on the sport steering wheel the plastic/aluminum silver colored inserts have sharp edges on the wrap around that hit my forefingers when I drive in the 5 o'clock 7o'clock hand position on the wheel. BMW should have smoothed those edges. Just a small detail.

Anybody else notice that?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody even notice the sharp edges on the bottom of the silver trim on all 3 spokes of the sport wheel?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have had a 335i and a 535i and my metal does not seem sharp or cause me any problems on the steering wheel on any position. Maybe you should have them check it out to make sure there is not a manufacturing defect, because it should not be noticeable.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I checked my steering wheel yesterday and found no sharp edges. Have your dealer check this out and replace them if they are defective. I would think they would be easy to replace.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
What about a steering wheel (08 550I) that appears to have the thread coming loose around the seams.....should also be an easy fix, right?

·
Registered
995 Posts
After rechecking my car, I DID notice that the underside of the metal has somewhat of a protruding "sharp" edge. It is only noticeable if you are rubbing your hands behind the steering wheel. I find it unusual to grab the rear of the middle steering wheel while driving so I do not think it is that big of a deal.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
What about a steering wheel (08 550I) that appears to have the thread coming loose around the seams.....should also be an easy fix, right?
Take it back, or buy a sewing kit. :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts