BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm in the UK and ordered a 330i with the standard matt titanium interior and also selected the sports steering wheel. Does anyone know what the trim in the steering wheel will be? I have ordered a black sports steering wheel but think that UK spec matt titanium trim adds the titanium trim to the sports wheel? My dealer believes I will get a black sports steering wheel but I'm not so sure?

I hope it is black as I'm not keen on the titanium trim in the steering wheel and didn't even know the different trims existed when I ordered my car.

If it does end up to be titanium, can the dealer easily replace the trim to black?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

My car is expected on 13th June, its been made and is being prepared for delivery to UK, and therefore the dealer said I have to wait until it arrives at the dealer before he can confirm.

·
Registered
979 Posts
US models have always got the black trim regardless of the trim color. The Euro models used to get the matching steering wheel trim. From the pics of the Euro models that I have seen so far, the trim is black on the E90.

In any case, it is easy to replace if you need to, you should be able to do it yourself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
beauforty said:
Hi Guys,

I'm in the UK and ordered a 330i with the standard matt titanium interior and also selected the sports steering wheel. Does anyone know what the trim in the steering wheel will be? I have ordered a black sports steering wheel but think that UK spec matt titanium trim adds the titanium trim to the sports wheel? My dealer believes I will get a black sports steering wheel but I'm not so sure?

I hope it is black as I'm not keen on the titanium trim in the steering wheel and didn't even know the different trims existed when I ordered my car.

If it does end up to be titanium, can the dealer easily replace the trim to black?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

My car is expected on 13th June, its been made and is being prepared for delivery to UK, and therefore the dealer said I have to wait until it arrives at the dealer before he can confirm.
From what I have seen you will get the Titanium Trim on your steering wheel. In fact, the only way to get that type of steering wheel is to order the Titanium trim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy!
I asked about the same thing, and over here in South Africa you can only get the all black sport s/w if you order the sports pack.
If you don't order the sports pack but order the sport s/w as an optional extra, you'll get the silver trim version. That's according to my dealer anyway...he's kindly offered to exchange the silver for a black after the car's been built.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just spoke to BMW UK, they are very helpful. They said that my sports wheel should be black unless I specified a different trim. Matt titanium trim does not automatically mean titanium trim for the sports wheel. Yes, I should have a nice black sports wheel!

·
Registered
860 Posts
beauforty said:
Just spoke to BMW UK, they are very helpful. They said that my sports wheel should be black unless I specified a different trim. Matt titanium trim does not automatically mean titanium trim for the sports wheel. Yes, I should have a nice black sports wheel!
I hate to bust it for you. But I´ll bet you a serious amout that if you have matt titan and sport wheel, your wheel will have titanium trim. When was the last time a dealer or distributor ever knew anything.

It´s an easy swap for black though and the part is something like GBP 20

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tierfreund. You are very knowledgable about E90's! Sounds like its a pretty easy and cheap fix if the wheel does have the titan trim. That's comforting to know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just had today the exact opposite answer here in France !
Unless otherwise specified you get Titanium sport wheel if you chose Titanium trim inside the car. Sport wheel would only remain black if any other trim is chosen.

I would personaly be happy with the titanium wheel because I think it straightens the sport look in a black interior.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts