Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of the postings on this site have noted that sport suspension now comes standard on 330 coupes. For the 330Cic convertible, however, it would seem that the sport suspension comes only with SP (which includes option 226). Can anyone verify that this is true? Also, does the Cic, which is considerably heavier, actually need a tighter suspension?

·
Spending Way Too Much
211 Posts
I have the Sport Suspension on my 02 330CiC. It came with the M Sport Package (only available in Canada..sorry!), but it's the same suspension that's on the US Sport Package.
It make quite a difference in handling. We do not have it on my wife's 325i Sedan..and I can feel the difference, especially in cornering (and the 330CiC is about 400lb. heavier than the 325i).

·
Realtor/Mortgage Broker
185 Posts
The sport suspension is not standard on the Cic. Drive a non-SP and SP back to back and you will be able to tell which one you prefer. I would never by a BMW w/ out SP. The nicer wheels and better tires are worth the price, Plus the sport seats. The SP is a steal on the Cic versus the sedan. :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
att: canuck bmw

take note the sport suspension on the CIC or CI with M sport package has a firmer ride than the normal SP suspernsion. very close to the M3 suspension. ask your dealer.

·
Spending Way Too Much
211 Posts
Thanks Traddan...Didn't know that (neither did the salesman...surprise!). I've got to drive more models!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, gentlemen -
Isn't the M sport package offered only in Canada? Just to be clear, the SP package that you get with a Cic in the US does NOT have the firmer suspension you mentioned, right?

·
Spending Way Too Much
211 Posts
Highbeam...yes...to the M package only in Canada.
And, based on Traddan's response, yes, the US Sport package is NOT as firm as the Canadian M package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts