BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the sports package today. I didn't find the ride too rough, but also didn't think it added an overwhelming performance difference. A bit tighter, but not night and day difference. I did find it to be much better looking. That in itself is reason enough to get it.

So I have a question about the sport seats. For those who have sports seats, I know it hugs you tight in the seat. But for those long drives (greater than 4 to 5 hours), are the seats a bit uncomfortable because it hard to adjust your body. That amount of time in one position can be quite painful. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
468 Posts
nittany said:
So I have a question about the sport seats. For those who have sports seats, I know it hugs you tight in the seat. But for those long drives (greater than 4 to 5 hours), are the seats a bit uncomfortable because it hard to adjust your body. That amount of time in one position can be quite painful. Any thoughts?
I have vinyl covered sport seats in my E46. I find them very comfortable but I've never driven it for more than 2 hours at a time. Vinyl is grippy and you can't slide around on it at all. I think if I had to make long trips in this car it would be nice to have leather to allow a little more movement in the seat.

Sport seats are a killer when not properly adjusted. It takes time and effort to set up the seat correctly. You have to adjust it so that your weight is evenly distributed from your upper back to your lower thighs. If too much weight is concentrated in one place you will suffer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts