BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Nav and BMW apps in my 335i but when I plug in my iPhone with the apple cable it doesn't appear I display song name and artist when I use spotify... Anyone else use spotify in their f30? Do you need the iPhone dock to make all the iPhone apps work with the car?

· BMW Platinum Visa® Member
9,089 Posts
The Pandora app works great with just the Apple cable, I'm guessing that the Spotify app needs some work.

Try the Pandora app for comparison. You get name, artist, album art, looks like the iPod display.

BJ

· BMW Platinum Visa® Member
9,089 Posts
I'll check out Pandora tonight for comparison... Spotify is just a vastly superior app in my opinion so I was hoping to use it in my new car.

Thanks!
I hear ya, but it sounds like the Spotify people haven't got the same horsepower in their app yet

Pandora syncs to iDrive via its own iPhone app, not inside the BMW app.

BJ

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After work, i found it does blue tooth and sync to play music but as far as album art and what not goes that doesnt pull in... at least i havent found an option for it yet.

But the guy at the dealership said it should work but he probably had no idea.

Anyone with the Iphone dock and BMW apps know if spotify can be fully integrated?

Not a huge deal if its not but just would be a lot better.

· Registered
8,402 Posts
After work, i found it does blue tooth and sync to play music but as far as album art and what not goes that doesnt pull in... at least i havent found an option for it yet.

But the guy at the dealership said it should work but he probably had no idea.

Anyone with the Iphone dock and BMW apps know if spotify can be fully integrated?

Not a huge deal if its not but just would be a lot better.
BMW Apps supports 100% OEM only:

- BMW Connected (Pandora, WebRadio, RSS News, Twitter, Facebook, Calendar, Wiki Local)
- AUPEO!
- Stitcher
- MOG (Paid subscription)

That's it.

Please search for specific details.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.