BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MY08 335i vert. which has been in winter storage since November 1st. This is the first car that I have put in storage. Until now, I never realized how long the winter season could be. The last few days the temperature has reached 40F and thus a few warm weather vehicles have been seen on the road. Spring is in sight and hopefully I will have my car back on the road within a month. Until then, I’ll live through this forum and look at pictures from last summer.

Regards,
NHman

Attachments

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
Mine stays in the garage for the good days, too. Not many of them this Winter but I hear it could hit 50 tomorrow if the sun comes out. I might take mine to the carwash so I can see what color it is again. I had it out both days last weekend and so it's covered with salt.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
I'm sorry, isn't it already spring? :) It's 67 right this moment, we've had rain, the wind is blowing and we have a wind advisory and a tornado watch for this evening.......and while it was 75 earlier I was driving with my sunroof open.

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,721 Posts
Wow.. I can't imagine having to store a car.

·
F e s t S p o n s o r
1,194 Posts
Bring on Global warming. Almost 200" of snow here. And no such thing as Spring anymore.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I, too, am anxiously awaiting Spring. I took delivery of my 09 335i vert in October of last year and still don't have 1000 miles on it. Last weekend we did get a bit of spring so I backed it out of the garage, give it a bath, put the top down and took it for a spin. More snow expected this weekend so it's back in the garage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Parked mine on Dec 7th. I usually can take it out during the winter to move the fluids. No such luck this year with all the snow, salt and sand on the roads:cry: There's a chance of rain, but not enough to wash the roads clean. It's just a matter of time now ;)

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
If you lived in the South or Southeast, you'd already be driving top down. Since last weekend.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
I'm sorry, isn't it already spring? :) It's 67 right this moment, we've had rain, the wind is blowing and we have a wind advisory and a tornado watch for this evening.......and while it was 75 earlier I was driving with my sunroof open.
Well, no tornados last night that I'm aware of, but roofs were blown off.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have a MY08 335i vert. which has been in winter storage since November 1st. This is the first car that I have put in storage. Until now, I never realized how long the winter season could be. The last few days the temperature has reached 40F and thus a few warm weather vehicles have been seen on the road. Spring is in sight and hopefully I will have my car back on the road within a month. Until then, I'll live through this forum and look at pictures from last summer.

Regards,
NHman
Mine like yours has been in the garage since November a bit south of you, but 1 month to go is pretty optimistic I think - last year it was a week or 2 into April when I got mine out - I am thinking 2 months yet (especially with all the snow we have piled up)

Rob

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm really surprised how many people here store their cars over winter... mine is an every day driver even through the harsh winter this year. Then again, this is my only vehicle.

·
Boosted Bavarian
1,272 Posts
Well, no tornados last night that I'm aware of, but roofs were blown off.
Hope mine wasn't one of them! I was driving out to NM and ran through some nasty wind and dust storms. Visibility got down to ¼ mile around El Paso. When I get home I'll have to detail my sandblasted finish. Might replace the air filter as well. I hate to think how much dirt I ingested. :(

·
Registered
2017 M2 and 2017 Mustang
2,577 Posts
Put mine in the garage on 17 Jan and it is an XI. But of course I am in Afghanistan right now and won't be back until the end of May. There is only one paved road here that I have seen and I know I wouldn't take my car on it. But back home my car is nice and warm and covered in the garage. It gets taken better care of than I do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts