1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
...except this isn't a E46...

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Raising the car 10mm isn't going to do anything to widen the fenderwell by the same amount to get 255s underneath. The only way to stop the rubbing is to get wheels with more offset, or roll the fenders more :eek:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
chukiechz said:
well, I paid $25 for the spring pads, so it was worth a shot.

I havent driven much on it, but it did seem to raise the rear up a bit. There is definitely more clearance, so it seems to do the trick for now. No more rubbing when I step on the gas hard.

Eventually, Im gonna have to roll the fenders out more. I think IM going to need 255's and a stickier tire.

Question on offset, I have a 41mm offset now, wont a larger offset push the wheel and rim further out? If anything, couldn't I have the wheel shaved down a few mm's?

forgot to add that its an 8.5" wide 18" rim
All pads are going to do is raise the car, so all that's going to happen is that the tires will rub 10mm later in the suspension travel. I can't say without looking at the contour of the inner fender, but 255s on the same wheels will most likely make it rub again at best, or stick OUT of the fender at worst. If you're set on running wider tires, you need to see if a wheel with more offset (50mm like my Alpinas?) will fit without hitting the rear shock or muffler or whatever eise is back there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts