BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 04' 325i with 94,000 miles with sport pkg. I want to lower my car, so im looking at H&R Springs since ive heard alot about eibech lowering most cars front and rear equal, and i want to lower front more then rear. Weather thats true or not. So my tires meet wheel well with minimal gap And i want a firmer ride then ive got right now. Debating on there race or sport springs, But i hear People saying there car was lowered more or not as much as advertized and i dont wanna get springs and it be to low or not low enough and have to send em back. What you guys think? And Is it alright to run these springs with the shocks i have now, Stock ones.? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

I know theres siome threads on it but didnt really answer my question.

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
Seems you've done a lot of reading on the topic. Stock dampers and lowering springs is a recipe for a quick death to your (probably already dead) stock dampers. If you lower, you need shocks matched to the springs.

The amount of drop quoted for those spring sets is based on a non-sport original car. Sport equipped cars will see less of a drop than indicated.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
jvr826 is right, you are better off with a matched spring and shock combo that is designed to work together. You will also save on labor by doing it all at once rather than the springs and shocks later. I suggest looking into the H&R Cup Kit or Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit, both are matched spring and shock combos that offer better performance and a lower ride without being too aggressive for regular street use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.