Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tommy
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into purchasing the Sprint Booster V3 for my 340.

Is there any worry here with this product causing any negative repercussions on the vehicle?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I installed one over a year ago and really enjoy it. The throttle response is way better. Significantly less delay. It makes the car feel more responsive and powerful even though the sprint booster adds no horsepower. My car has MPPK AND MPE and I would still say the sprint booster improved the throttle response more than the installation of MPPK. Many forum members think this product is snake oil but their opinion is based on never trying the product. In my research I found that almost all the people that have installed sprint booster love the product. I have had no negative repercussions from the installation.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Many forum members think this product is snake oil but their opinion is based on never trying the product.
It's snake oil in the sense that you could apply the money spent on this product to an entry-level tune like Dinan Sport or JB+ and see actual performance gains, rather than simply remapping your throttle to make it feel like you got some gain.

But hey, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do have a tune on my car. The MPPK which I did before adding the sprint booster. Like I said in my post the sprint booster did a better job at reducing throttle lag than my tune. Maybe other tunes reduce throttle lag more than the MPPK. I cant speak to that. I think many enthusiasts mod there cars to make them feel more driver orientated to them. I think horsepower gains/ torque gains are in general over emphasized as it really comes down to is the car more fun to drive and do you feel a little bit more connected to the car. The sprint booster makes my car feel more driver orientated and just plain more fun to drive for me! I would think if you tried it you would understand what Im saying. But like you said different strokes for different folks.

·
Tommy
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a tune on my car. The MPPK which I did before adding the sprint booster. Like I said in my post the sprint booster did a better job at reducing throttle lag than my tune. Maybe other tunes reduce throttle lag more than the MPPK. I cant speak to that. I think many enthusiasts mod there cars to make them feel more driver orientated to them. I think horsepower gains/ torque gains are in general over emphasized as it really comes down to is the car more fun to drive. The sprint booster makes my car feel more driver orientated and just plain more fun to drive to me! I would think if you tried it you would understand what Im saying. But like you said different strokes for different folks.
I have a Dinan tune on the vehicle already. What I dislike about the vehicle is the amount of pressure I need to put on the pedal to get the car going off the line. Even a slow acceleration needs a little more push to get going. I was hoping the booster would help with this problem.

However my main concern is that I do not want to add provoke any issues with the car. Does this cause any foreseeable damage in the long term?

On another note, I believe it is safe to assume this will void any warranties correct?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I take it from this video, this product varies the sweep of the potentiometer in your throttle pedal. Making it's sole purpose a way to calibrate the throw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts