BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an information item with a good search title.

I have an 04 745li with BTUM. I purchased an A920 (found a Sprint store that let me test with their demo) today. All works great - contacts updates and all regular functions work. I am very pleased with this phone and its compatability.

Couple of things - it may take a few tries to complete paring. You are best served when things get a bit funky to disable the telephone bluetooth, remove the BMW connection on the phone, take the BTUM out for a minute and then start all fresh.

The update of the contacts on the BTUM is poorly described in the manual for the impatient - to update you press the blue button on the BTUM for one second (and one second only) THEN there is a lag of up to 45 seconds before anything starts to happen. Since there is no progress display you will just have to wait for several minutes and it should complete.

There is still the agrevation of not being able to use the inboard keypad for DTMF after call completion - so no go on using it for voice mail retrieval (a quite disarming lack of reality there). The only unique problem I may have is I cannot use the BMW controls to disconnect a call to my voice mail system at work - I don't, as yet, know if this is true of all automated services or just unique to our system.

The A920 keypad can be used for this disconnect. I can also use the A920 to switch between calls while still using handsfree (I will validate this again tomorrow as I only did this once as a test).

Lastly - The right cupholder in the console seems to be the 'quietest' spot for the phone to reside in my car. My right hand pants pocket seemed to be the worst spot.

Cheers - and thanks to all that had discussions here that I have been searching through to help find a good Sprint solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Btum

Henry, I too have just bought a 2004 745i and was disappointed :cry: I couldn't get phone service to work with the phone that was already in the car. So, this BTUM adapter is the answer I take it. I currently have Sprint with alittle over a years left on the contract. Before I buy this BTUM adapter, I wanted to check out which BLUETOOTH phone would work the best with our BMW system. The original phone would download the phone numbers to the phonebook in the car. Does your sprint Sumsung phone (A920) allow that BTUM adapter view the numbers on your phone somehow? You mentioned not being able to use the "voice command" to hang-up the connection. How about "voice diailing"? Does the phone button on the steering wheel still start a phone call and hand it up? I don't mind changing courier service to Cingular, or Verizon. I want a phone to work like it should in the car. Any input would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.