BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
ChrisTO said:
looks like a cross between Z4 and 7series
Ick. To steal a line from my 2-year old, "no like".

:thumbdwn:

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
I wouldn't go by the pic...

By just looking at the pic, I wouldn't make any judgments. Look at it...There is test equipment all over the place, and there is a huge gaping hole up where the I-Drive display will eventyually go.

This appears to be the interior of a well worn test mule. From what I have read, they often bodge the mules together from the common parts bin in order to get something driveable to do testing.

My guess this interior is a long way from the final product. Isn't I-Drive supposed to be an option on the new 5 series? If so, that big hole on the center console won't be there on the non-windows powered cars.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Re: I wouldn't go by the pic...

Desertnate said:
Isn't I-Drive supposed to be an option on the new 5 series? If so, that big hole on the center console won't be there on the non-windows powered cars.
Nope, but they are changing the software and rearranging the menus. Kinda I-Drive Light :)

G

·
Re: I wouldn't go by the pic...

Desertnate said:
By just looking at the pic, I wouldn't make any judgments. Look at it...There is test equipment all over the place, and there is a huge gaping hole up where the I-Drive display will eventyually go.

This appears to be the interior of a well worn test mule. From what I have read, they often bodge the mules together from the common parts bin in order to get something driveable to do testing.

My guess this interior is a long way from the final product. Isn't I-Drive supposed to be an option on the new 5 series? If so, that big hole on the center console won't be there on the non-windows powered cars.
IIRC, I-Drive will be standard. And that dash, while similar to other current dashes (E65 and Z4) is different and the steering wheel is completely new. Basically, remove the clutter and you have the next 5-series interior. And I'd bet money on that.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Looks like a nice steering wheel and shifter location, but I-Drive should be optional. How many people order NAV in their 520i? :dunno:

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the more i look at it..the less and less i like it. it's too busy looking with all the lines/cuts going every which way. hopefully it'll grow on me...but for now. BLAH!!!

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
"Styling by IKEA. Made in Germany."

For some reason, the interior reminds me of my desk.

Michael

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Yeah the steering wheel has to go, looks like it came right out of that new porsche suv.

That and the G35 wheel are the worst wheels I've ever ever seen...:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts