BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
m.potash
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start driving that day the right side makes a 4 or 5 squeaks related to the wheel revolution then normally stops for the day. If it continues to squeak I play with the parking brake and it stops the noise. I've had the F31 diesel for a year with 14,000 miles on it and this has been going on only the last 3 weeks. It makes sense that the noise is related to the parking brake.
I took it to the dealer this morning. They called me this evening and told me the tech couldn't find any issue and that it wasn't unusually for this to happen. So they didn't adjust anything.
I've had 3 BMW's plus this car for almost a year without this problem so it makes no sense what they are saying. I told them to have someone else again check the car tomorrow.
Has anyone else seen this problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 328xi, although the squeak was more random, not always at the start of driving. I took it to our dealership twice. The first time they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The shop manager even came out for a ride with me, but the car was well behaved. The second time, they gave me a rear brake job, covered under the maintenance plan (or was it the warranty? I can't recall). After the brake job, the problem went away.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I had the squeak with my 2015 F30 at startup and it lasted for a few turns then was pretty quiet. This started within a few weeks of getting the car (brand new). Brought to BMW dealer and diagnosed as "Creaking due to "faulty RF upper strut mount/bearing. R/I strut and spring from vehicle, replace mount/bearing". Work was done under warranty and no issues since!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts