BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 325ci and i get an intermitent squeaking in the passenger rear of the car. Sounds like its coming from just under the roof. When i press down on the rear hatch i can sometimes make it squeak a little. The squeaking seems to come and go irregardless of the temperature. BMW greased the hinges once, will be bringing it back again soon for another try. I also have a 1995 325c that dosn't squeak. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
bump. I am looking at a used 2004 with the same problem and dont want to buy it unless their is a known fix. Heated seats also are not hot.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Theomax said:
I have a 2002 325ci and i get an intermitent squeaking in the passenger rear of the car. Sounds like its coming from just under the roof. When i press down on the rear hatch i can sometimes make it squeak a little. The squeaking seems to come and go irregardless of the temperature. BMW greased the hinges once, will be bringing it back again soon for another try. I also have a 1995 325c that dosn't squeak. Any ideas?
Consider yourself lucky that your 95 doesn't squeak. I've never EVER seen a convertible that didn't squeak and rattle. It's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
It might be the windows rubbing agains the seal. Try rubbing wax paper on the seals and see if it's better. I used to do this with my cic before I traded for the 330ci. This helped a lot, but only lasted a week or so. The squeek is one of the main reasons why I got rid of it. Nobody could fix it :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found an answer (working so far). BMW of Oyster Bay, NY told me they see this all the time. They said as the car ages the top shrinks slighlty and on dry days it squeaks. So, they applied something to the fabric at the base. That was this morning, drove it all day, no squeak. fingers crossed...

·
Casey!
17,654 Posts
Put the top down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found an answer (working so far). BMW of Oyster Bay, NY told me they see this all the time. They said as the car ages the top shrinks slighlty and on dry days it squeaks. So, they applied something to the fabric at the base. That was this morning, drove it all day, no squeak. fingers crossed...
Old thread, but i'm seeing this on my 1997 top now. Top was replaced almost 2 years ago, so it's not that old. But i'm hearing squeaks from what sounds like the windows and the vertical seal between the front and back windows. I'll try the wax paper idea - was exactly my thought - something to lubricate that area. The base of the fabric - is this something that anyone can buy the lubricant and apply themselves easily?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts