BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone in the Sacramento area help a BMW Brother out?

Like a bonehead, I was fixing the front window and disconnected the air bag before disconnecting the battery. Now the airbag light is on.

If someone has the ability to reset, we can meet for a beer :beerchug: or something : popcorn: and do a quick reset.

Much appreciated! :thumbup:

· Seek to understand,^Value
25,378 Posts
I hope you find someone local.

If not, this information, culled by typing /srs F3 in the bestlinks, may be useful:
- What is the cheapest usable BMW E39 airbag srs reset/scan tool on the net (1) & what can cause a BMW E39 SRS airbag light (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) & what tools reset the fault (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & what happens when we disconnect the airbag before the battery or we connect the battery before disconnecting the airbag in seat and window regulator repairs (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) & where to buy an airbag occupancy sensor bypass unit (1) (2).

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Bluebee,
Thanks for the information. I saw a couple of the postings and may have to break down and buy one. I already have a basic code reader and was hoping to avoid buying another tool that I hope will never use again (i.e. not making the same mistake again)

I just picked up this car to fix the problems and resell it. It would be nice to keep the tool investment to a minimum.

Here's to avoiding breaking anything else.

Patman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.