BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was working on my driver side airbag. I did disconnect the battery before disconnecting my side air bag. I had to reconnect it to make sure window regulator was working correctly but air bag was still disconnected at the time. I have now put everything together and my SRS light is on. Anyone is the Austin Texas area have a reset tool I can pay to borrow to reset??? Any another ideas on resetting SRS light without paying too much is welcomed??? Please help thanks. 2001 525i

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
amazon sells one for $40

Hi all, I was working on my driver side airbag. I did disconnect the battery before disconnecting my side air bag. I had to reconnect it to make sure window regulator was working correctly but air bag was still disconnected at the time. I have now put everything together and my SRS light is on. Anyone is the Austin Texas area have a reset tool I can pay to borrow to reset??? Any another ideas on resetting SRS light without paying too much is welcomed??? Please help thanks. 2001 525i
http://www.amazon.com/B800-Airbag-R...PCDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333293532&sr=8-1. Might be easier than trying to find one .Certainly cheaper than dealer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the B800 SRS code/reset tool and am very happy with it. Bought it through Amazon too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Same here. I used it to reset my airbag light that popped on when I removed the front driver's seat to fix the twist. Cheaper compared to taking it to the dealer or Indy to get it fixed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome.... Just placed my order on amazon.com for the B800. I took mu car into jiffy lube thinking it wasn't going to pass state inspection because of the SRS light but it did. Hopefully will have my tool in a few days....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Post in the Regional Section. I was able to find someone local willing to let me use their reset tool to clear my airbag code after working on my window regulator. There are still nice people in this world.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post in the Regional Section. I was able to find someone local willing to let me use their reset tool to clear my airbag code after working on my window regulator. There are still nice people in this world.
How do you post in Regional Section. I will do that next time, its worth a try. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts