BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a SS clutch line on their E46?

I've found one in the UUC catalog, and at some $30 it's very cheap, but I don't relish getting warm blue ATE fluid on my hands if I can avoid it... :)

So is there any improvement in clutch feel?

I find stock feel in the E46 - even with the CDV removed - to be pretty bad. Heck, even my wife's X3 has better clutch feel... So if there's a cheap product out there that'll make it better, I want it. :thumbup:

Thanks...

·
Keeping it surreal
43,316 Posts
A SS line on the clutch would`nt provide any advantage in feel, as the resistance is always the same, unlike your braking system.

Regards,
Bob

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fast Bob said:
A SS line on the clutch would`nt provide any advantage in feel, as the resistance is always the same, unlike your braking system.
Bob,

Thanks for your reply.
The resistance may be the same, but that doesn't mean the OEM rubber line doesn't expand each time you push on the clutch pedal. :dunno:

If not for better feel, what would be the advantage to a SS clutch line? I'm curious...

·
Keeping it surreal
43,316 Posts
adc said:
Bob,

Thanks for your reply.
The resistance may be the same, but that doesn't mean the OEM rubber line doesn't expand each time you push on the clutch pedal. :dunno:

If not for better feel, what would be the advantage to a SS clutch line? I'm curious...
Durability, for one thing.... I`ve run braided stainless water lines on my washing machine for over 20 years....the added safety factor gives peace of mind. But to reiterate, you`ll never feel the difference on a clutch....there`s probably not enough psi being exerted on the hose to make it flex.

Regards,
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts