BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
FWIM, it will make a car that already under steers more than a RWD... and make it understeer even worse. Just worth noting. You might be able ot get some balance back by playing with tire pressures.
While Motoguy is correct here I suspect what you are after is the "look" of some cool wheels without warning light issues? If so then you are doing fine.
If track use and understeer are your concern then a square setup and a larger anti sway bar on the rear are in order.

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
Can someone tell me if these will work with xdrive and not trip and lights or mess with the transfer case.

275/30/zr19 and 235/35zr19
Style 313 off of a 335i
One caveat. Mine rub slightly on the head of the bolt for the oil cooler when turning tightly. Doesn't seem to hurt anything and unless you have the sport package you don't have the oil cooler.

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
6,482 Posts
Can someone tell me if these will work with xdrive and not trip and lights or mess with the transfer case.

275/30/zr19 and 235/35zr19
Style 313 off of a 335i
The OE fitment for these wheels is 225/35R19 front, 255/30R19 rear. The tire sizes you listed above have a larger rolling diameter than a nominal fitment for your car. Your speedometer and odometer will be inaccurate; both will read lower than they would with the correct tires.

This may not be a problem for your speedo because many BMW speedometers have a positive error in the first place (i.e., they indicate above true speed). If you are lucky the errors will cancel out. If you are not, watch out for Smokey Bear. The error will be small--I have not done the math but probably under 5%--but be aware that it exists.

The odometer can only be corrected by fitting the correct tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.