BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the reasoning behind the staggered tire setup on the 330Ci sport pkg. What would it do for me to change with all around 225's, I drive mostly street/highway, but sometimes like to take corners and turns quick. Would I be better off with the 225 or what?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
methinks somebody might be having a rough day...

:(

G

·
PM 325xiT said:

Woo there TD, many people cross post to solicit opinions/answers from different people.

Step down from the horse once in a while and try a little softer approach.

And just so I understand your answer, how is it that the staggered set up induces more understeer:dunno:
Well if he wanted to ask a follow-up, I would have answered. This is not an OPINION question. The answer is a fact. If he wanted it explained, I would have been happy to.

Still, understeer and oversteer are concepts that are easily referenced through other sources.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mystikal said:

More grip on the back of the car means that the fronts would slide first when driving hard.
That was what I thought but just wanted it clarified for the benfit of all:)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
TD said:

Well if he wanted to ask I follow-up, I would have answered. This is not an OPINION question. The answer is a fact. If he wanted it explained, I would have been happy to.

Still, understeer and oversteer are concepts that are easily referenced through other sources.
My use of opinion/answer was in a blanket format. Some items are answer, as in this case. My main point was your approach is often harsh, we all know that you know a lot about BMWs and cars in general. What is becoming more evident is that you strive to make sure that no one forgets it. I appreciate the insight you bring here, but at times your attitude should be checked at the door.

Oh, Mystikal. I had an idea this time but often you would be correct. But tonight I think I'm pretty accurate in my posts.

G

·
___lk___ said:

maybe he's mad because bmw staggered the tire setup on the E36 ///M3 :rolleyes: :D
They staggered the 330i SP identical to the E36 M3. No gain, no loss.

You're determined to convince me that my trade was a bad idea. It's not working.

G

·
SONET said:
TD: Why must you always be so negative and harsh towards people here? Are you this way in person, or do you just take your anger out on this board?

--SONET
Hold on a second. I answered the guy hours before he posted the same question here. I answered him correctly, although maybe not in the level of detail he may have not required.

But I have no idea what level of detail he requires. That's why it's a thread which allows for follow-ups.

Whole racing books are dedicated to these concepts. How am I to know how deep to go?

And I think I'm allowed to be a bit put off that he discarded my answer to re-ask the question here. Hence the tone you reference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.