BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a repost, but I couldn't find anything when I searched. I've noticed recently that when I put the top down, there is a white-ish "V"-shaped stain left behind from where the rubber gaskets on the "wings" of the top sits on the black plastic deck lid trim. I've tried washing it off, but it doesn't seem to help. Have any of you experienced the same issue and any suggestions on how to remove it? Would something like Mothers Back to Black work or would that potentially just make the problem worse?

I've attached a picture (I think) however it's not as bad as it looks in the picture.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Nick - Thanks for the tip - I cleaned it off, taped it up and applied two light coats of Forever Black like you did - happy with the result as it blackened all the noticeable oxidation.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Nick - Thanks for the tip - I cleaned it off, taped it up and applied two light coats of Forever Black like you did - happy with the result as it blackened all the noticeable oxidation.
Glad to hear it Greg! How's HOTlanta?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Glad to hear it Greg! How's HOTlanta?
hey - doing great! lot's of top down weather... it was 70 yesterday. Happy Thanksgiving.

Probably coming to Miami after X-mas for new years - will let you know.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
hey - doing great! lot's of top down weather... it was 70 yesterday. Happy Thanksgiving.

Probably coming to Miami after X-mas for new years - will let you know.
Same to you and yours, my friend. Let me know when you're coming. We'll be around.

·
Registered
174 Posts
thank you so much Nick
i will try this very soon.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
very welcome. You won't be disappointed with the results.
Thanks also, I had thought this was Back to Black, but after looking at your original post again I see it is a different product Forever Black. It has great reviews, yours included, so I ordered some. Surprised I had not heard of it before since it is used heavily for Jeeps, it is sold on many of the 4 wheel sites.

I can't wait to try out this, I am sure it will look great.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks, i've been trying to get those stains out and nothing was working! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your responses guys. I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I've purchased some of the Back to Black product to try. Is Back to Black essentially the same as Forever Black or should I forget about the Meguiar's product and get some Forever Black?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mothers Back to Black is not the same. It is a whitish/clear silicon that makes it look darker but not as much as Forever Black which is a dyed product (I think). I have yet to try it but there must be a reason for masking off the boot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.