BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pondering the benefits of the standard iDrive in the F30 vs. the 1 series that does not have standard iDrive. What functions are controlled by the standard iDrive?

Was iDrive really necesary in the new F30 or was it just a cost cutting measure to reduce the number of buttons/parts?

Thanks.

· Registered
219 Posts
What exactly are you trying to need?

The iDrive provides a lot of details about your car
Its a 5 inch plus sized display screen that makes your car look 10x better, you can see everything and do evertyhing on it
infact its even got your cars manual in it so it will instruct you on how to change this and that

It will monitor your tire pressures, oil fuel gauges, let you know how many MPg and etc.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I'm guessing the actual functions (vs. the instructions) were handled by a small display in the instrument cluster in the E9X series so in a sense nothing is gained through the use of the iDrive.

· Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,555 Posts
thanks. I'm guessing the actual functions (vs. the instructions) were handled by a small display in the instrument cluster in the E9X series so in a sense nothing is gained through the use of the iDrive.
The information is displayed and the functions are "handled" on the iDrive screen on both the E9x and the F30. With the E9x iDrive is only available in conjunction with Navigation and has the larger 8"-ish screen. On the F30 the standard iDrive has a smaller 5"-ish screen. It allows control of all sorts of functions. It has an 8"-ish screen if you get Navigation and it has enhanced features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.