BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
15841 - 15860 of 16130 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,
I am familiar with bimmerlink and bimmercode even with expert mode but I want to step up and get make a professional tool from a laptop with ista.
Can I get some recommendations about the connection tool ? I want something that works for both diagnose and programming on E F and G series. I saw ICOM is used by some pro people, is this good, should I get ICOM or ICOM Next ?
Also what ista versions should I get ?
Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I am new to this but very determined to start learning.
Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
46,199 Posts
Hello,
I am familiar with bimmerlink and bimmercode even with expert mode but I want to step up and get make a professional tool from a laptop with ista.
Can I get some recommendations about the connection tool ? I want something that works for both diagnose and programming on E F and G series. I saw ICOM is used by some pro people, is this good, should I get ICOM or ICOM Next ?
Also what ista versions should I get ?
Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I am new to this but very determined to start learning.
Thank you :)
Wrong thread. This thead is for E-Seres Standard Tools & SP-DATEN not F/G Series nor ISTA.

If you want to be able to Program E-Series, then you will need an ICOM. ICOM NEXT is newst and best vesion. For F/G Series, you can use ICOM or a simple ENET Cable. As for ISTA+, you should run the latets, 4.36.14, and ISTA/P 3.70 for E-Series.

Reactions: dragoss91

·
Premium Member
46,199 Posts
Hi Shawn,
could you send me a Link for Standard Tools and SP-Daten?
Also, if you have, ISTA.
Thank you in advance for helping us all out here.
Sorry, I cannot help with ISTA. New version of ISTA requires a PC HWID specific license file to run. PM sent.

Reactions: marin_57

·
Premium Member
46,199 Posts
Hi, sorry to be a pest, I'm looking for latest files. Trying to work out an issue with MK60 on an E46. Thank you so much for being a hero! :) kiss ass mode=on
PM sent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wrong thread. This thead is for E-Seres Standard Tools & SP-DATEN not F/G Series nor ISTA.

If you want to be able to Program E-Series, then you will need an ICOM. ICOM NEXT is newst and best vesion. For F/G Series, you can use ICOM or a simple ENET Cable. As for ISTA+, you should run the latets, 4.36.14, and ISTA/P 3.70 for E-Series.
thank you so much shawn, you helpfull as always ;)

·
Premium Member
46,199 Posts
Hi. I'm trying to update my ECU with my WINKfp, but I get error 209. That's supposed to be because of wrong versions. Can I get links with the appropriate standard tool version and the appropriate sp data for an e90?
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
46,199 Posts
Hello!
New member here. Would it be possible to get a link to newest standard tools and sp-daten?
Thanks in advance!
PM sent.

Reactions: staboy12
15841 - 15860 of 16130 Posts