Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys/gals think is going to win the Stanley Cup and who do you want it to win :dunno:

I vote Red Wings for both ;) :p
 

·
If Tires Were Erasers
Joined
·
391 Posts
Sabrina said:
Who do you guys/gals think is going to win the Stanley Cup and who do you want it to win :dunno:

I vote Red Wings for both ;) :p
Ditto,
Go Wings!!!!!!:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BahnBaum said:
Who the hell would want to win an athletic supporter that belonged to a dude named Stan? :dunno:

Alex

If you only saw the size of his cup ... you would want it as well :angel: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;) :p
 

·
superwagon pilot
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
BB330i said:
Ditto,
Go Wings!!!!!!:thumbup:
Flyers will hoist the cup for the first time since 1974



Almost as importantly, the devils will be hitting the golf course after the first round :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Josh (PA) said:
Flyers will hoist the cup for the first time since 1974



Almost as importantly, the devils will be hitting the golf course after the first round :thumbup:

Flyers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I mean oh sure ... its good to dream ;) :p
 

·
Spelling Impaired
Joined
·
5,653 Posts


:supdude:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tejenkins said:
Two words: Detroit Sucks
Yeah well ... a whole bunch of words ... :mad: you smell really really bad and your shoes are ugly and and and ... stop me ... I can't control myself. :mad:

;) :p
 

·
Happy Trails!
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
When I was in college I lived near Montreal and rooted for "Les Habs", but I have lived over half of my life in New England - so I'll be pulling for Boston to take the Cup! :D
 

·
superwagon pilot
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
Sabrina said:
Flyers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I mean oh sure ... its good to dream ;) :p
You should worry more about ever getting another goal past Vokoun than what's in my dreams. On the otherhand I know dreams are all we've had for any Philly team since 1983 :(

After watching the Flyers play last night the dream does burn strong. This is a much different flyers team than in years past. Three strong lines, a decent D with the ability to move the puck out of their own zone and a goalie that isn't a complete headcase.

I think realistically, the cup is wide open this year with any of the top 6 seeds in the East or West capable of winning it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Josh (PA) said:
You should worry more about ever getting another goal past Vokoun than what's in my dreams. On the otherhand I know dreams are all we've had for any Philly team since 1983 :(

After watching the Flyers play last night the dream does burn strong. This is a much different flyers team than in years past. Three strong lines, a decent D with the ability to move the puck out of their own zone and a goalie that isn't a complete headcase.

I think realistically, the cup is wide open this year with any of the top 6 seeds in the East or West capable of winning it
:thumbup: may the best team win and may we have the best fights ever :thumbup: ;) :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,151 Posts
The West: I would love to see the Avs do it again, but I am not sure that they could get past either Detroit, San Jose (yes, the Sharks) or Calgary. Without Kariya, with the way that Selänne is playing and not knowing if Foppa is going to get hurt again, I think the Avs will be lucky to beat a lackluster Dallas team.

Detroit and all of their +35 year olds will probably take the West, especially if Cujo plays well.

The East: My favorite team does not stand a chance (the Habs), which is fine, because then Sakke can play for Team Finland in the WC later this month. Ironically, just when it no longer matters, Alexej Kovalev seems to have remembered how to score again. Oh well. The Habs played like bums for the last three weeks of the regular season, and will get what they deserve.

My money would have to be on Philadelphia, but to be honest, I don't care - just as long as New Jersey does not advance past round one (boooring ...). I am sick of hearing about their French-Canadian goalie's romantic problems with his wife's sister, the Continental Arena is a dump, and if we get two neutral zone trapping teams in the Stanley Cup Finals again, I will start praying for a lockout.

Anyway, I have agree with Josh: it is wide open.

From a fan's point of view, Detroit vs Philadelphia would a great matchup.



-
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
Josh (PA) said:
After watching the Flyers play last night the dream does burn strong. This is a much different flyers team than in years past. Three strong lines, a decent D with the ability to move the puck out of their own zone and a goalie that isn't a complete headcase.
The Flyers weren't bad in 1997...until the final four games they played :doh:
 

·
Family Man User
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Go Caps!!! (In 2005, of course. ;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Patrick 520iAT said:
From a fan's point of view, Detroit vs Philadelphia would a great matchup.



-
:thumbup: ;) :p
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
swchang said:
Go Caps!!! (In 2005, of course. ;))

After the playoff end, we'll be luck to see another NHL game before October 2005, which would be great for the Caps.

Will we get Ovechkin, though...and will he be what he's being hyped to be? :dunno:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,151 Posts
·clyde· said:
After the playoff end, we'll be luck to see another NHL game before October 2005, which would be great for the Caps.
Well, there is always the World Cup next September - that will be the last "professional" ice hockey for awhile to come. :(


-
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,151 Posts
·clyde· said:
Will we get Ovechkin, though...and will he be what he's being hyped to be? :dunno:
He will be. He is the real deal.

If he can avoid becoming a mental case like the Bure Brothers, he will be a fantastic player.


-
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top