BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never worked on a bmw before i have a 98 528i that was parked a few months ago with no running issues and sat since now after charging the dead battery the panel lights seem to work fine turning on and making noise like they re suppose to only no power to starter and fuel pump ive tried running both direct and they do both work but wouldnt start still i suspect it may not be getting spark and that something maybe a security measure is causing all this please help

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
Is this a salvage vehicle? If so, no telling what sordid past it led. Good Luck.

Get a scan tool and read codes.

Might try this procedure:

There is some anecdotal evidence that suggests that, when the battery slowly dies, the various electronic modules enter an undefined state.

Fully charge the battery.

Wake the car up (open the boot) and let it go to sleep (16 min; trunk lights will go out). Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and let the car set for some minutes (15?). Reconnect, and observe the results.

Report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The codes i got were p1250 or something relating to a fuel reg or something and a misfire code Other than that i have fully charged the batterie how do i "open boot" I will try the wake ? sleep method you mentioned

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
boot = trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts