BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but I've owned a bunch of Z cars and learned everything I know about mechanics from a similar forum. Thing is, now I have a '94 525i and have little understanding about it. I'll see if I can give you a rundown of the problem.

A month or two ago, I was riding along and noticed my windows stopped working. Also my sunroof. Then when I stopped the car and tried to crank it back up it wouldn't. There was plenty of power, but when I turn the ignition all the way nothing at all happens. No lights dim. I got out to check some relays and got back in and it was fine. All windows worked. I then found out that when this would occur, my wipers would only work on the highest setting. I figured out that, for some reason, when I would open and shut my door, the problem would stop, and that the starter would turn, and all wiper settings, along with the windows, would work just fine. But, as with all things hanging by a thread the "door trick" eventually stopped working.

I believe I've given all the details I can muster. If you guys are anything like the Z guys, I'm sure one of you have come across this problem before and could at least give me something to look at.

Thanks in advance guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts