BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,first let me say hello and let you all know I'm happy to find a decent forum for bimmers. Second,well this afternoon I experienced what I believe to be called the "money shift"...needless to say I am not pleased. Need to replace the engine for sure.Any opinions on short throw shifters and lightweight flywheels???Figure since she's gonna be in pieces I might as well do a couple other things. I've heard the Dinan lightweight set-up can be chattery,hear anything on the U.U.C. version???Also the same for the short throw,Dinan or U.U.C.??? Thanks and HELLO!!!

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
With all respect...

Before spending all that money on new hardware, shouldn't you upgrade the software?

I would think a good performance driving school session (or two) is in order.

And welcome to the 'fest :wave:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem Phillippek...However I have had 2 M3's in the past and grew up building and driving my 500+ HorsePower '61 vette,and various other "sporty" cars. It was an honest to goodness mistake,I wasn't paying attention and was late getting somewhere,you can fill in the rest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly...So anyone have any suggestions or experience with either the short shift kits or lightweight flywheels from Dinan and U.U.C.???

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,309 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woo hoo thanks guys!!! I'm thinking I'm gonna go with a stock clutch set up and stick with the stock shifter for now.No complaints really about the shifter anyhow,and as far as the flywheel,I won't be able to put up with any type of rattle coming from under my beauty.It would drive me nuts!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YAAAY!!! Picked up my M3 from the shop about four days ago and she's better than before!! I was able to score a used engine out of a wrecked(hit from behind) M3 with an auto transmission,and only 80k miles on it. Purrs,like a kitten,fresh plugs,oil,clutch,and flywheel.I love my car!!!

·
Overly Intellectual
6,573 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the 'fest!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts