Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a 03' 325i, just got out of the shop and now having problems starting! It happend the first time i left the shop and had to tow it back. Drove to get oil changed, they drove it in and when they were done, it wouldn't crank. Long story short, it ended up being something with the security system and had to be "reset" if you will. Drove it about 400miles and stopped because window spray wasn't working and after closing the hood, it won't crank again, ITS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING AS BEFORE!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME, IM GOING NUTS TRYING TO FIX IT!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a new battery, and its not the starter. I know it has something to do with the security system or computer. I just dont know how to reset or reprogram it .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a thought

Ive had the same problem, still have it but I ordered the ignition switch part #61326901961 hopefully that will solve my issue. I changed the starter but it was not that. I read this on a forum and I hope it resolves my issue. I will let u know if it works...

·
Registered
609 Posts
if you try to turn on the engine and it doesnt turn over but everything electric work
it might be your ignition switch, MalibuMafiaV has a DIY on it
also can be the clutch switch (manual trans)
or even the key, try to slightly hit the metal key part against a hard surface and try to turn the car on

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had that issue with my '02 325i when it was new. The key had to be reset. There's a specific order with respect to re-programming the keys (i.e hit the lock button once, unlock twice etc). I'm sorry but I dont know the sequence. Dealer had to do it a couple of times before the key stopped needing reprogramming.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I replaced my ignition switch note: not the tumbler switch as so I think thats the name where the key goes in.....anyhow It did not work I had to replace my battery due to starting issues and so it killed a cell on it 170 for a new one similar once my new battery was in I tryed and turned on fine went to the bank and did not crank the first time untill the second...went to the gym cranked perfect, went to publix and when I came out I had to try about 8 times till it finally started! Wow im frustrated I will see about reprogramming the key if that dnt work im might jus say the hell with it and head to the stealership even if they f*** me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a e46 2001 320d and I wanna change the steering rack, could anyone please tell how and if possible with videos or photos? And is it possible to DIY it? Thanks a lot

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
609 Posts
So I replaced my ignition switch note: not the tumbler switch as so I think thats the name where the key goes in.....anyhow It did not work I had to replace my battery due to starting issues and so it killed a cell on it 170 for a new one similar once my new battery was in I tryed and turned on fine went to the bank and did not crank the first time untill the second...went to the gym cranked perfect, went to publix and when I came out I had to try about 8 times till it finally started! Wow im frustrated I will see about reprogramming the key if that dnt work im might jus say the hell with it and head to the stealership even if they f*** me
sounds like the key to me,
try a different one

·
Registered
71 Posts
Goblin14: I'm having similar won't start issues. What did you finally do to get your car working? I have a 2001 325i and have replaced the battery tested the starter and alternator off the car and still nothing. I'm going to try and replace the ignition switch to see if that helps. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
William

·
Registered
113 Posts
Could be that there is a problem with the transponder in the key. There is a procedure to relearn them to the car. This will will actually stop the fuel system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can hear the fuel pump turn on. I also just replaced the ignition switch and nothing.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts