Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone I am new to BimmerFest. I recently purchased a 2007 BMW X5 3.0i and when I turn off the car and take the key out, the break lights stay on. I have to put the ignition key in and take out again until the light turns off. I can hear some light repetitive clicking coming from the relay in the back fuse box. Also, it seams that when the weather gets hotter in the day, usually when I get off work at 5, around 95+ degree weather in Dallas, TX, my car turns over and will say ignition malfunction. I've gotten lucky that after a couple of tries it will eventually turn on but that's also when I have the most trouble getting the break lights to turn off when taking the ignition key out. Any ideas what it could be? I heard BMW mechanics can be pricey.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question nor do you indicate where you live. My suggestion is to find a good independent shop in your area if you can and avoid the dealerships. With a 13 year old vehicle, you will be needing periodic work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts