BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've had my 750 for a month now, I got it off lease and was in perfect shape. Not a scratch or mark on it in any light as you would expect. First thing I did was have a clear bra put on the whole front bumper and up the hood and fenders as well as the headlights, front of the side view mirrors and inside the door handle areas where your hands with a ring could scratch. The rocker panels already have protection.

I have private, climate controlled parking at my office and nobody can get near my car, it sits in my garage at home and has never been parked next to another vehicle since owning, not once.

Somehow, two weeks back I noticed a door ding on the rear quarter like from someone opening a car door into it, like a rear door. Sharp ding and deep.

Last week I took it to the dealer to get the spare key fob I had ordered from them coded to use the comfort access. They suggested I do the air filters and so I agreed.

I brought the car home and now see a nice scratch on the front of the fender where they would have bent over to do the work for the air filter. It is too deep to buff out.

I can live with the door ding because it can be PDR'd out but the scratch from the dealer really angers me. I haven't said anything as I expect they will simply deny.

sorry for the rant, this much damage took years to show up on my previous car.

·
Registered
10,701 Posts
The fewer idiots who get near your car, the better. The simple jobs are given to the idiots at repair shops, and that's how your car gets scratched up.

I carry a roll of "delicate surface" 3M blue painter's tape (comes in the orange wrapper) in the car. When the car goes in the shop, I tape up the top of the front fenders. This not only protects the paint, but lets everybody at the dealership know I'm a big pain in the ass. I also make sure the car's spotless when I bring it in for service, as a reminder that I'm a big pain in the ass. If they give me any crap, I can buy an Audi, Porsche, or Mercedes-Benz next time. So far, my dealership's been good about taking care of my car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts