BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
M coupe allocations came out Wednesday of last week.
Although expected my dealer didn't get one. There were six allocations in the Eastern region.
He placed an order and said he would see what he could do.
Yesterday he called and said that he got me a car.
Stopped by today with the Performance Center delivery paperwork etc.

Following is the time frame of the '01 M coupe.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Hi Ron,

Congrats on your M coupe! :D

And I might need your help again. My M-roadster was said to be dropped off to the carrier waiting to go to the port of exit "last Friday." I've been calling the BMWNA 1-800 numer all week, and it's still saying the same thing. It's not saying the car's in "transit", or giving me any ETA. I talked to the customer service rep and they didn't know the status of my car. I phoned the dealer several times, and even the sales manager didn't know the status either (which I think he's lying, but if he doesn't want to help me, what can I say). :(

·
Crazy Coupe Lady
985 Posts
Congrats Ron :thumbup:

Any idea when you pick it up in SC (if that was your coupe's paper work then June)?

Which northeast dealers will get them? 6 isn't very many was hoping to see/drive one in person :(

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
Man, does that bring back many happy memories. Congrats Ron I'm sure you'll keep us updated. :thumbup: :thumbup:

viper501 said:
Be cool if you could go watch it get conceived ...
I can see it now "Oh wait, here, put this in instead. Could you leave that out? and maybe paint this..." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
MZ.368 said:
Congrats Ron :thumbup:

Any idea when you pick it up in SC (if that was your coupe's paper work then June)?

Which northeast dealers will get them? 6 isn't very many was hoping to see/drive one in person :(
Performance Center said that once it's in 112 status they will have a delivery date.

The six are in your area. Don't remember the names. Any dealer could tell you which ones.

·
866 Posts
Century BMW here in Greenville called me again yesterday saying they had an allocation and did I want it. It is the second time in 2 weeks. So, there may be one available there. I can point you to a good contact there if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Congrats on the M Coupe.

I'll be ordering mine within the next week or so. I'm getting the first one from the dealer in my area. I just have to decide on colors and what not. What did you end up choosing? Are the Roadster options the same for the M Coupe?

Thanks,
conorb

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
conorb said:
I just have to decide on colors and what not. What did you end up choosing? Are the Roadster options the same for the M Coupe?

Thanks,
conorb
Yes. The coupes are less cost as well along with the extended leather. See the ordering guides and pricing above. There is also a $1000 gas guzzler tax on both.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
dwaynemosley said:
Century BMW here in Greenville called me again yesterday saying they had an allocation and did I want it. It is the second time in 2 weeks. So, there may be one available there. I can point you to a good contact there if anyone's interested.
I must be lower on the totem pole than you, Dwayne. :cry:
They called me today.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Other Tom said:
I must be lower on the totem pole than you, Dwayne. :cry:
They called me today.
As far as I know Dwayne is on the list for one. Wants to try it out first.

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
WoooHoooo!!!! I'm vicariously ordering a Z4coupe through Ron. This is fun.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
viper501 said:
Happy Birthday, or is this conception day?
Don't know.
Called BMWNA for another issue Thursday and while there asked him for a status on the car.
He said it would be done by May 1st. He then said it would be awhile since it has to come across the ocean.
I then asked him about the M coupe May 27th debut (Saturday) and he said that the M coupes would be at the dealers then and won't be released prior.
So assuming Spartansburg releases the car soon enough to be there by May 27th, I should be able to pick it up May 27th.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Just so there's no doubt, we'll still all love ya if you show up at HC driving the ti or even a rented Ford.

Fingers crossed in Michigan for a prompt delivery.

·
Crazy Coupe Lady
985 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
Don't know.
Called BMWNA for another issue Thursday and while there asked him for a status on the car.
He said it would be done by May 1st. He then said it would be awhile since it has to come across the ocean.
I then asked him about the M coupe May 27th debut (Saturday) and he said that the M coupes would be at the dealers then and won't be released prior.
So assuming Spartansburg releases the car soon enough to be there by May 27th, I should be able to pick it up May 27th.
what ocean will it be crossing?

·
866 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
Don't know.
So, it appears they need to give the "across the ocean" guy a lesson or two on their products. They should be embarrassed by this. :thumbdwn:

Ah..., this "debut" date explains the crummy PC delivery date you got. If I lived away from the GSP area, I'd do what you're doing and take it at the dealer. Most of us that have been to Homecoming have been at the PC more times than once anyway. I don't think the risk of picking up a big rock from some truck while driving it home justifies the trip expense and only a couple of hours of driving around the track at the PC. I'd much rather have the pristine car fresh off the covered delivery truck.

My 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts