BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

stealth bulbs meltdown ??

1004 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Kdoherty
Any of you cool dudes have a problem with stealth bulbs burning hot and melting plastic ?? :dunno:

I was searching for stealth bulbs for the clear tails I just bought when I found a thread on a E46 forum where those guys have had meltdown problems...The reasoning was the chrome coating on the bulb is holding in the heat, the pics that were posted didn't look good at all.. :eek:

Any problems you guys know of with the E36 ??
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
If they are the correct wattage, they should not generate enough heat to melt anything. I see what you're saying about the chrome outer coating causing heat buildup, but I've never heard of it being a problem. Plenty of automakers are using "stealth" bulbs as standard equipment these days, so you really shouldn't have any problems with them. Mine have certainly been fine.
^^I thank you for the quick reply ^^

I better dig into specs of the stock bulb and see what I need then.. :thumbup:
All automotive light bulbs have standardized numbers. The rear blinker bulbs required for all E36 BMWs is #7506, which I believe is a 25W bulb. Just get a stealth version of a 7506 bulb and you'll be fine.
Will do, Thanks Again.. :thumbup:
All automotive light bulbs have standardized numbers. The rear blinker bulbs required for all E36 BMWs is #7506, which I believe is a 25W bulb. Just get a stealth version of a 7506 bulb and you'll be fine.
the only problem i ever had with the stealth bulbs is them blowing frequently. Not sure that it's a stealth bulb issue as much as it is probably a brand issue, but that's my .02
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.