BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Steering guibo

1331 8
Just picked up an 03 325i and the steering coupler is bad. I'm going to replace it but I forgot to order the torx bolts. Did u guys reuse or replaced them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Bimmer App
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think the part came with the bolts. If not, I must have reused the originals. Two years later, no problems.
Not sure why they say new bolts are needed. I ordered my coupler from pelican and i think its oem BMW.

I reused my old bolts and a year later everything is still in prefect working order.
The bolts are coated in a thread locker compound and are considered single-use items.
Not sure why they say new bolts are needed.
I re-used on both of mine. it is a safety issue, just put some lock tite on them and call it good to go.
That what I was thinking, locktite can be found everywhere.

Maybe they expect that corrosion+mechanic might cause some damage on bolts so it would be better to put new, but if you don't see anything wrong with yours then it should be just as fine. In theory new ones might also have some material fault or fracture or what ever, and these ones were already tested to be good. :confused: If you begin to get paranoid then there's no end to it.
Also re-used mine with blue loctite. Never died.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.