BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, for lack of a better description, when I turn the wheel, at low speeds, to around the 3 and 9 positions, it feels as if there is a soft (or hard, depending on how you consider it) spot. It is almost like the wheel is "sticking" there; in fact, I can take my hands off the wheel in one of those positions and it would stay in that position, instead of straighting out like a normal car. It just started doing this after a long trip. Before the trip, it was fine. Doing a bit of searching, I see the control arms (rather the bushings) go out a good bit, so I'm hoping it is just that as I can fix that myself in a little while. BUT, I don't want to go and buy new control arms if that isn't the actual problem. I looked at the CV joints and the covers aren't cracked, the look quite new. The bushings on the control arms look like they have seen better days. There is also another rubber bushing on another piece that doesn't look so great, but, unless someone has a diagram of that area, I really don't know what that piece is exactly. It is vertical though, so I don't think it would really impact steering (though I'm not 100% sure on the control arms either). Any feed back would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds similiar to what I have been feeling. I guess I will just end up taking it in. I have a feeling that it isn't in the steering column, but we will see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts