BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The steering retrofit is also for 325's. My wife got it on her 01 325.

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
It depends on built date. I believe if your car was built after January 2001 then you are eligible.

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
Whoops! Sorry, I meant to say built before Jan 2001. So that would make your can ineligible. So sorry for that error. But I believe they will consider your car on case by case basis. You may need to get BMWNA involved if you believe your car's steering is too soft.

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
I remember reading something about having a BMW field representative having to come to your service center and decide if your can is eligible for the steering retrofit. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OOPS! My week 15 ~ April 15, 2001 South African 325i was approved for retroSteer by BMWNA's Bill Stewart. Just call the New Jersey Customer Relations number and ask for Bill Stewart. And the number issss_____ I think it's on Owner's Circle or the guys here who know everything know it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Car : 2001 325i Sport
Built : Sep 15, 2000
Where : Munich, Germany
Steering retrofit done : Dec 2001
Result : Excellent, more feel, less assist, a little more susceptible to tramlining, but no big deal :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BMW NA are trying to curb retrofits, that is why they are saying only 330's are eligible.

Just kick up a fuss, they will probably relent.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WAM said:
Car : 2001 325i Sport
Built : Sep 15, 2000
Where : Munich, Germany
Steering retrofit done : Dec 2001
Result : Excellent, more feel, less assist, a little more susceptible to tramlining, but no big deal :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BMW NA are trying to curb retrofits, that is why they are saying only 330's are eligible.

Just kick up a fuss, they will probably relent.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Called BMWNA again today and got the same BS. They won't set it up for me! And I can't contact the Bill Stewart guy from the Owner's Circle because I bought my bimmer in Europe and I had to apply to get the US warranty when it got here to the states. Since I didn't buy my car in the US, I'm excluded from the owner's circle! :tsk: Can somebody please help me! :cry:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Last I heard, only cars built before 4/01 were eligible. However, before you press on with BMWNA, you may want to search through these boards. Although initially pleased, some people posted regrets about having it done. Some have experienced chronic front end and other alignment type problems. My experience is that the less you allow the dealer to monkey with the car, the better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts