BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just purchased a 2016 BMW X1 and when we press the audio control button on the steering wheel, nothing happens. However, when we hold the button down for a few seconds, it works with our cell phones.

Did BMW deactivate the audio control from working with the car's systems themselves?

Thank you.

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3
1,435 Posts
We just purchased a 2016 BMW X1 and when we press the audio control button on the steering wheel, nothing happens. However, when we hold the button down for a few seconds, it works with our cell phones.

Did BMW deactivate the audio control from working with the car's systems themselves?

Thank you.
Sounds like you may have a vehicle with the Business version of navigation/headunit, not the professional. BMW only provides vehicle generated voice response in vehicles with option ZTP, Technology Package, on the F48.

Does your car have a heads up display that shows speed and other information up on the windshield? The HUD is also part of the Tech package on F48.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I do have the HUD. However, the X1 we purchased was a "dealer demo" model, coming fully equipped but had different option packages than the ones offered for sale to the public. It was a BMW Certified model and I was able to get an 8 year comprehensive warranty with the car, good up to 2023.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts