BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys since my car is a 93 the emblem on my steering wheel is just an imprint.. Its not like a plastic emblem its just leather.....

Where can i get the colored ones? I stopped by at the dealer and the guys told me they dont have it because its a hazard if you get into an accident it might fly off and hit you in the face...

And i really dont want to buy a whole new steering wheel from a newer car..

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya but if i just get an emblem phil it will be cheaper AND simpler..

Plus i dont wanna mess with an airbag unit...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking of just getting a sticker lol...

Theres this shop called Sticker City by the Stealer closest to my house. And they sell all types of decals for cars and all types of stickers. The Sticker itself is 3D if that makes any sense like its not just a piece of paper its actually like gelly type of material if that makes any sense. I cant really explain it. The guy wanted 12 bucks which in my opinion is kind of expensive for a sticker but....

Heres an Example.

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/575/615/11/rUFTEL2s49fYpY7.jpg

Its not flat it has some width to it..

·
Registered
630 Posts
I currently have the sticker emblem on my steering wheel and I like it like that.

I don't think you will find a cheaper sticker emblem for less than 12 bucks. I myself was searching around the net for some hood, trunk, and wheel emblems and the decent ones aren't that cheap.

So if I were you I would just pick it up from your local stealer for the 12 bucks because if you were to find it on the net somewhere else you most likely will pay around the same price with shipping. So I would just go for it and get it from the stealer.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait they dont have it at the stealer.... Hiedi whered you get yours from???

·
Registered
51 Posts
i got a sticker emblem of ebay for like 2 bucks extra when i got my center caps. didnt fit perfectly but looks pretty good. gotta really look at it to realize it doesnt belong

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think im just gonna try the stealer again.

thanks guys

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Dude, they're not compatible.

Listen to the people who know what's going on. On your airbag, it's an embossed & engraved logo that a sticker won't stick to. It's not a flat surface, so a sticker that doesn't match exactly will come flying off.

The ones that are colored are totally different. They're flat, heavy, and tucked into the airbag unit so they don't come flying off. You need to get a new airbag unit. Period.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chad what if i superglue it? :D

Its worth a shot man i really dont feel like paying for a whole airbag unit and having someone install that ****. I would not trust myself or my dad to install something like an airbag unit. That's dangerous sh!t.

If the sticker doesnt work then i'll just have to find someone to do to the airbag thing... Besides im sure if i clean off all the armor-all off my steering wheel it will stick just fine...

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:slap: :slap: :slap:

The sticker won't sit on there properly. It'll only be touching in a few points unless you literally just get a paper-thin sticker, which would be safe but so ghetto that you'd deserve to die anyway.

The steering wheel airbag units aren't hard to change at all. I can give you all the instructions how from the Bentleys if you go through with it. It's really not hard at all.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chad, thanks a lot bro. i'm swinging by the dealer on saturday, so i might as well try the sticker anyways. if it doesn't work, then when i buy the airbag unit, i'll message you for the instructions.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys i called the dealer and messed arounda bit with them and started yelling

this is the part number he gave me..

32 33 1 117 279

i looked it up on bavauto but i dont know if it will fit my car. he said its for the 3 spoke but w.e does anyone know if it will fit?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:slap:

"Please note: This item does not fit airbag equipped steering wheels."

You've been given the answer already. I still don't get why you're wasting your time. Oh well......lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI... I ordered one off ebay (45mm, flat, aluminum/carbon fiber) and it didn't sit right, because the emblem on my '95 e36 was stamped and dome shaped. I went to my local BMW motorcycle shop and they had a 45mm dome/concave shaped one! It seals the edges so it sits flush with the outer ring. I did use an Auto/Marine silicone to secure it on there in addition to the adhesive backing it came with. It looks good and appears factory enough where an average person not familiar w/ an e36 will think it's factory.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts