BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up and tried to start my car. It cranked and failed I kept trying and it finally started and I drove but noticed my steering wheel is turned to the right having the bmw logo sideways but I was still driving straight and everything felt okay. I try to turn it off and and then back on but when I tried it wouldn’t even crank again. I tried to jump and still nothing. Here are codes that came up. Please help
Light Output device Product Gadget Communication Device

Leg Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Communication Device

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Communication Device Gadget Vehicle

Vehicle Telephony Communication Device Mode of transport Audio equipment

Handheld game console Input device Gadget Game controller Yellow

Telephony Mode of transport Motor vehicle Communication Device Car

Motor vehicle Vehicle Communication Device Gadget Yellow

·
Registered
2000 528it, 2015 435i, 2016 435ix GC
631 Posts
I’m not sure what side the affected module(s) may be on your car, but to gain access you remove panels on the underside of the dashboard and on the lower sides. If you cruise through YouTube you should find some videos on it.

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,407 Posts
I try to turn it off and and then back on but when I tried it wouldn’t even crank again. I tried to jump and still nothing. Here are codes that came up. Please help View attachment 1060902
What's the battery voltage, considering the first error code you're showing coupled with it not even wanting to crank? I realized that you tried to jump it, but it's a simple check that often covers a ton of error messages.

·
Anti-Hack
7,525 Posts
On the app, I can’t see where the OP is; did any E9x cars come with electric steering? If not, this is a mechanical problem, and a pretty severe, life threatening one.

I had a similar experience with a K5 Blazer 20 years ago. The frame cracked beneath the steering box, so turning the wheel further twisted and fatigued the frame, rather than turning the drive wheel angle.

Via the interwebs

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm guessing that your car has active steering. It's not unheard of for the steering to do this if you are having battery issues. Replace your battery and then you need to calibrate your active steering to straighten the wheel.

You can check if you have active steering by putting your vin into a vin decoder like bimmer.work. Active Steering is option code 217.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm guessing that your car has active steering. It's not unheard of for the steering to do this if you are having battery issues. Replace your battery and then you need to calibrate your active steering to straighten the wheel.

You can check if you have active steering by putting your vin into a vin decoder like bimmer.work. Active Steering is option code 217.
I’ll check this

1 - 16 of 16 Posts