BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I need some advice re BMW X5 2005 e53.

For the past 2 months Heavy vibration in steering wheel.

Had rear tyres changed and all 4 wheels balanced and wheel alignment done.

Still no joy. :-(

It vibrates extremely as soon as I hit 56mph - 70mph. There is still a vibration beyond this.

It then vibrates hard if I hit the brakes at any speed.

My local garage is useless.

BMW garage will rip me off hence why I have come on here to seek advice from you people who will know (I Hope) what I'm going through.

Thank you.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi All

I need some advice re BMW X5 2005 e53.

For the past 2 months Heavy vibration in steering wheel.

Had rear tyres changed and all 4 wheels balanced and wheel alignment done.

Still no joy. :-(

It vibrates extremely as soon as I hit 56mph - 70mph. There is still a vibration beyond this.

It then vibrates hard if I hit the brakes at any speed.

My local garage is useless.

BMW garage will rip me off hence why I have come on here to seek advice from you people who will know (I Hope) what I'm going through.

Thank you.
Sounds like you need new thrust arms and control arms. How many miles on your X5?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had a similar issue - specifically the very heavy vibration under braking - and it ended up being the CV axle. Swapped those out and the vibration went away. About 8 months later I had a very light vibration start to come back. At that point I swapped out upper and lower control arms and ball joints and I've had zero vibration since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same issue fixed with a new inner n outer tie rod passenger side and then took her in for an alignment...that part will be covered in a different post. Took me 15 minutes and the part was 80. From my local napa shop. I have a lifetime alignment program. (A necessity)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts