BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a brand new owner of a BMW 730d. I have just purchased a used 2004 730d.

The car is excellent, inside and out, however, the one thing that is bugging me is the steering wheel. The current steering will is nice, but I really prefer the other one.

This is the one I have

This is the one I like better

Both steering wheels are available for the 2004 730d, it all depends on which one the owner will choose when he makes a purchase.

My question is would it be plausible to change the steering wheels? I mean like having the current steering wheel removed and having the other one installed, If so, how much would it cost.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would be a bit since you will need a new airbag too.
Yeah, you're right, I'm thinking it's not worth the money and effort.

Everybody is telling me that the current steering wheel looks great, but I had a liking for the other one. I'll just get used to the one I have.

·
asc-abs sensors rock!!!!
413 Posts
hello,

i'm a brand new owner of a bmw 730d. I have just purchased a used 2004 730d.

The car is excellent, inside and out, however, the one thing that is bugging me is the steering wheel. The current steering will is nice, but i really prefer the other one.

This is the one i have

this is the one i like better

both steering wheels are available for the 2004 730d, it all depends on which one the owner will choose when he makes a purchase.

My question is would it be plausible to change the steering wheels? I mean like having the current steering wheel removed and having the other one installed, if so, how much would it cost.

Cheers!
hey if you are nterest we can trade evenly for the wheels, you ship me yours with air bag and i wil ship mine with air bag.what do you say? :d

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey if you are nterest we can trade evenly for the wheels, you ship me yours with air bag and i wil ship mine with air bag.what do you say? :d
I will consider that.
Although I prefer the type of steering wheel you have, I don't think it's worth the trouble, sticking to the current one seems the smartest thing to do. I will consider your offer and get back to you.

I'd also like to know guys what are thoughts/opinons on both steering wheels. Which one do you like better, and why.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The 3 spoke one is the "sport" version and people seem to like it better but I prefer the 4 spoke standard wheel.

Sport wheels arent much use in the 7 and the 4 spoke just feels nicer since I keep my hand either on the bottom left spoke or just hold the bottom of the wheel, both of which suddenly get uncomfortable with 3 spokes.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Starioncarada if you swap you will need programming to make his wheel compatable cause of the manual shifting and 730master you will downgrade from up and downshifting to only down the 02 7 and early 03 could only downshift.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
The 3 spoke one is the "sport" version and people seem to like it better but I prefer the 4 spoke standard wheel.

Sport wheels arent much use in the 7 and the 4 spoke just feels nicer since I keep my hand either on the bottom left spoke or just hold the bottom of the wheel, both of which suddenly get uncomfortable with 3 spokes.
+1. i always drive with one hand at 6 o'clock. can't do that with sport wheel. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1. i always drive with one hand at 6 o'clock. can't do that with sport wheel. :thumbdwn:
I agree with you guys.

The 3 stroke steering wheel looks good, however I think that it doesn't suit a luxurious executive car like the BMW 7. It's a sporty steering wheel. It would match something like the a high-spec 3 series

The two-stroke one seems more elegant, and it fits much better the type of car that the BMW 7 is.

·
asc-abs sensors rock!!!!
413 Posts
I guess programing could be done at the dealer.:thumbup: Hey man your wheel is gray and mine is black, no can do on the traiding unless yours is black. Sorry bro.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i like my three point "thong":bareass: steering wheel, you can keep your granny panties :sabrina: four point wheel :D :lmao:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts