BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our `09, the satin finish on the plastic buttons surround is coming off. Like to take those two pieces off and refinish them. Easy to do?
LOL the wheel on our 330ci is still perfect after 15yrs.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a look there are two and a third at right angle to them. I'm assuming the two are for the cover and the third is for the airbag?
Ours is an 09

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks the same as yours. Now, I'm going to take another look but there is a screw at right angles to the other two I'm seeing

·
Registered
132 Posts
On our `09, the satin finish on the plastic buttons surround is coming off. Like to take those two pieces off and refinish them. Easy to do?

LOL the wheel on our 330ci is still perfect after 15yrs.
=======

I put cat was on mine to protect. Still look new. Once a year or so. Liquid mcquires in my case.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The third at a right angle is how you remove the airbag. You just slide in a torx or whatever screwdriver which pushes a lever and releases the airbag. Have to do both sides.

It's possible there are only two screws holding on the trim piece. I could have a faulty memory on that bit.

Be very careful when you remove the trim bits. I removed mine with the airbag in place successfully.

For zero chance of breaking the under mount points you could remove the airbag first using the above method. If you unplug the airbag with the battery connected you'll get an airbag light that will need to be reset with a scan tool. However you could probably just pull the airbag away from the wheel leaving it connected.

I would just gently do it with the airbag in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts