BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here with experiences with a hotel anywhere from innsbruck to the base of the northside of stelvio?

I'm looking to climb stelvio in the morning and just need a place to stay for the night; i was originally thinking innsbruck, but some small town in italy might be nice.

I do have to make zurich by night fall however.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
A lot depends on how far you are willing to go out of the way, if at all. Davos is about 1/3 of the way from Stelvio to Zurich, about another 2 hours past Stelvio. In the other direction, you could come down to the E and stay in Merano or any of the towns along the way. Scoul and the nearby towns were writtten up in the NY Times last Spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stayed at Hotel Madatsch in Trafoi at the Northern end of Stelvio pass. The room was big. The bathroom was a single, built unit (small shower, toilet and
sink). It seemed the nicest hotel in that area. I really wanted a place
to stay just north of Stelvio and this fit that bill too.

Sivaram.

·
high end, son
241 Posts
Bolzano is beautiful and lots of things to do and see. Only an hour or so away from the stelvio north side.

We stayed there last time and was arguably the nicest time we had in our trip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.