BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Veteran
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been driving my new 07 650i for about a week and a half now. One thing I have noticed about the car is that the shifting is funny. I took it to the dealership to have it checked out and they said there's no fault with the transmission and no electrical problems. They did tell me that it's "an adaptive transmission" which means that whoever drove it before me made it shift differently then the way I would like for it to shift. I read about the tranny reset procedure and did one on saturday. Now i've been driving it and at times when shifting from gears (dowshift upshift even when i change gears from d to r) the car sometimes lunges forward and i feel like i get hit from the back or when it dowshift I feel the car lunging forward also (as if the mount is loose or something is loose). It happens during slower speeds most of the time for example when im driving around in a parking lot with speeds bumps wher I cannot exceed 10 mph, but also at higher speeds and when coming to stops at stop lights). I was wondering if anybody could please explain this to me and advise me on what can be done about it. It only has 39k miles and has been serviced only at bmw.

Thanks,

Immo

·
Registered
594 Posts
You may need to update your software this is a common problem of the car lunging forward at slow speeds to keep the engine from Stalling.. The software update should aleviate this...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App

·
Veteran
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dealership said there was nothing wrong and for me to drive the car and it will go away by itself, which is kind of hard to believe and a very careless response towards my concern. if you can advise me on how to go about having the software update done to my tranny, i would appreciate it. also, is there a way to check which version i'm on right now and which version is recommended? any for all the other readers, if there's any other alternatives you know of, please feel free to comment and let me know.

I thank you,

Immo

·
Nerdy G
908 Posts
Try the reset again. I had a similar problem and that fixed it right up. my car would hard shift into 3rd gear in M mode..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.