BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Stereo Questions

501 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  boost7
QUESTION #1 - I have a 2004 BMW 525i, and I love it, but the stereo sucked to be honest. So I decided to get 2, 12" kicker COMP r Sub-woofers. They really do pack the punch, but I read all across the internet to find a way to port the air into the cabin of the car from the trunk.
Are there any ways or recommendations to port two sub woofers into the cabin?

The box is ported in-between both sub-woofers, meaning both subs are ported into one port in the center of the box.

I just want a little bit louder and clearer sound.

QUESTION #2 - What is the best option to louden' up the Harmon/Kardon Speakers, I have not been able to find a aftermarket amplifier for the 525i. If anyone knows a way to, or of an amplifier that would work, please let me know!

I really appreciate it guys! take care :):):)

The picture uploaded is an example of the box

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
You should post your question here also....https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53
QUESTION #1 - I have a 2004 BMW 525i, and I love it, but the stereo sucked to be honest. So I decided to get 2, 12" kicker COMP r Sub-woofers. They really do pack the punch, but I read all across the internet to find a way to port the air into the cabin of the car from the trunk.
Are there any ways or recommendations to port two sub woofers into the cabin?

The box is ported in-between both sub-woofers, meaning both subs are ported into one port in the center of the box.

I just want a little bit louder and clearer sound.

QUESTION #2 - What is the best option to louden' up the Harmon/Kardon Speakers, I have not been able to find a aftermarket amplifier for the 525i. If anyone knows a way to, or of an amplifier that would work, please let me know!

I really appreciate it guys! take care :):):)

The picture uploaded is an example of the box
if you have the center ski passage on the rear seat, you can remove that cartridge and allow the sub to vent into your cabin from there.

if you don't, you can cut an opening in the same area yourself, or talk to a stereo shop that does custom work if they can do it nice and neat for you for a decent price.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.