BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know where I'd be able to get a nice stereo for my 1988 BMW 735i?

I just restored her up and got her running perfectly now I just need a new stereo.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Are you trying to keep the car looking original? Or are you open to installing a new head unit?

The original head unit will be tough to find, and will likely need some major work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to get a whole new stereo. The guy I got my car from doesn't know the code so I was just gonna get a whole new unit for it.

·
Casual Fanatic
2,171 Posts
I'm not wanting an original, I want something more modern. Any ideas where to go other than eBay?
Changing out a BMW radio is not plug and play. It's integrated into the cars' computer and will require coding once the installation is complete, given that you find something compatible to begin with.

Just go into this with eyes wide open and realize that it won't be cheap. Seek out professionals who have worked on Bimmers before. The people at Crutchfield have been doing this for a long time. I'd ask their advice. Good luck!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just go into this with eyes wide open and realize that it won't be cheap. Seek out professionals who have worked on Bimmers before. The people at Crutchfield have been doing this for a long time. I'd ask their advice. Good luck![/QUOTE]

:thumb: I second this recommendation. They have done a very good job of creating upgrade solutions to fit in factory dash spaces. Try them first, then try a local custom audio house. However they will be pricey.

BB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts